Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Corporate Manufactured Holiday!

Okay, I'm a self admitted Valentine's Day cynic. There's just something about a holiday that makes you shovel out money to two major companies exclusively (florists and Hallmark) that just gets under my skin. But, since I have a wife and a daughter, I suppose I need to just suck it up and deal with the extortionistic holiday that is today. Consequently, over the weekend, we went to our favorite St. Louis restaurant to celebrate early. Having a 2-year-old means that weeknight meals almost exclusively need to be at home. It was a great meal in every way, shape and form. Our restaurant of choice, Mosaic Tapas and Modern Fusion, never disappoints.


We started with the Crab Salad. It was wonderful. Chuncks of lump crab meat atop microgreens with a citrus dressing. Fasntastic. We moved on from there in tapas fashion (IE, you order a bunch of stuff and they bring it out as it is prepared). Because we ordered so much stuff, I will just give you a brief summary of each items:

1) Korean BBQ Pork Apple (pictured above, best thing on the menu bar none!)
2) Pot Stickers (close 2nd)
3) Creole Lobster and Crawfish Risoto (spicy but outstanding)
4) Limoncello Mussells (decent, but not my favorite mussells)
5) Short Rib Mini Burgers (very good, and suprisingly tender --- the smoked ketchup is the star)

For dessert, my wife, daughter and I shared the Chocolate Smore's Tart. It was phenominal. Picture the best candy bar you ever ate served with caramel popcorn, toasted marshmallows and peanut brittle. Fanstastic!

All in all, a great Valentine's Day dinner. Even if it was just to celebrate a Hallmark Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment