Friday, September 28, 2012

The Best Chicago Dog I've Ever Had is in... ST. LOUIS?!?!?

Yesterday, I had a meeting about 30 minutes away in Clayton.  For those of you who aren't in the know about St. Louis, Clayton is an upscale sort of village area of St. Louis.  Think Greenwich Village in New York; pretty much the same concept on a smaller scale.  After my meeting, I was very hungry (it was a 5+ hour meeting... YIKES!!!).  As I was walking to my car, I saw many good dining options that I was familiar with or wanted to try.  Places like Oceano Bistro (want it), City Crepery (had it) and Ruth's Chris (had it) presented themselves but then I saw a small deli just across the street from where I was at.  Being a big fan of "the little guy" and wanting to try something new, I meandered into Posh Nosh.

I was pleasantly surprised at the small, clean and very friendly New York style deli that greeted me on the inside.  There was an extensive menu of sandwiches and salads to choose from but my eye went to the advertisement on the wall for Vienna Hot Dogs.  I asked the man on the front counter if they had Chicago Dogs (a weakness of mine).  His reply sent my stomach whirling in delight, "the best you'll ever have," he said.

As I walked out of the deli with my dog and soda, I was very excited.  I know, its just a hot dog, right?  WRONG!  Chicago Dogs are the reason hot dogs were invented.  I believe every hot dog strives to be a Chicago dog and knows that for a select few, it is their destiny. 

I took one bite of Posh Nosh's Chicago Dog and I knew right away that these people know how to do it right.  Great snappy Vienna hot dog, great soft bun, fresh neon green relish, chopped red onions, sport peppers, pickle spear, tomato, yellow mustard and celery salt.  All fresh ingredients and all fantastic!  There are times when I know that I am just hungry and that anything will taste good and there are times that I know that something I am eating is the best that I can find.  This time was the latter. 

There are some who will balk at my saying a St. Louis eatery's Chicago Dog is the best that I've even had.  I say, "bring it on!"  I've had many a Chicago Dog in Chicago.  Many were great, but none were on the level of this dog at Posh Nosh.  You'll just have to try it to find out.

That's all for today.  Next week, I will be covering the Wildwood BBQ Bash in Wildwood, MO.  Stay tuned!

Follow us on Twitter @LifeGastronomic!  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment